Fat Metabolizing Foods
Organic and natural nutrients are a powerful source of revitalizing and rejuvenating metabolites that strengthen and stabilize the functions of your body. Clinical and experimental studies indicate that the intake of certain nutrients can naturally increase the basal metabolic rate. This also means that incorporating certain foods in your diet can enhance fat mobilization and utilization within your body.
Here are some of the well-studied nutrients.
Fruits and Vegetables
Fruits are high in fiber and antioxidants that enhance biological activities. Additionally, organic and unprocessed fruits (freshly plucked) are high in vitamins and minerals. Research indicates that fresh pluck fruits are highest in rejuvenating chemicals (the concentration decreases substantially after plucking and deteriorates over time). For best results:
- Consider home-grown or farm-grown fruits
- Avoid/ minimize exposure to industrial chemicals (fertilizers). Natural fertilizers are much preferable.
- Avoid canned, dried, or frozen fruits. If a choice has to be made among the three, frozen is perhaps the better one with respect to nutritional value.
Here are some of the nourishing fruits
Pears are one of those fruits which contain a lot of fiber in their skin, so it’s better to consume it with the skin intact. This fruit contains 15% of the fiber that is required by your body. People who have pears in their diet are likely to consume few calories and lose more weight.
Grapefruit is composed of 90% (weight/weight). Obviously, water can fill you up faster and as a result, you eat less (while maintaining minimal calorie intake). You can lose up to a pound within a week by eating grapefruit before every meal. It prevents fat storage in the body leading to weight loss. A chemical called naringin is also present in grapefruits that is considered helpful in the prevention of fat deposition. Grapefruit is also known to stabilize insulin levels that further promote weight loss.
Broccoli is a fibrous food with photo chemicals that increases the rate of fat loss in your body. Also, it makes you feel full and ultimately you eat less.
Ginger effectively burns calories. It is used for centuries as a medication for digestive disturbances and can also increase blood flow to muscles.
Eating high-fiber food with healthy fats and also has a meaty taste is a good combination for your diet. Avocados provide you with all three.
Other options are garlic, lemon, oranges, tangerines, apples, pineapples, berries (blackberry, blueberry, strawberry, acai berry, etc), and others.
Other Healthy Foods for Weight Loss
Grape skin (rich in the antioxidant resveratrol) helps in the prevention of free radical formation. People who drink a moderate amount of wine are less likely to experience cardiovascular ailments. In addition, a glass of wine can increase your calorie expenditure rate within 80-90 minutes.
Any slow-digesting food helps in keeping insulin leveled, resulting in the high rate of fat-burning. Oatmeal perfectly does this job.
Green tea works as a hydrating element as well as helps you in losing weight. Fats and calories are burned due to the antioxidants present in green tea. Five cups a day makes you lose twice as much weight.
Intake of Omega-3 fatty acids
Yes, indeed you need healthy fats to lose body fat stores. Walnuts, for example, is a rich source of Omega 3 as well as Salmon. These superfoods are rich in nutrients like DHA and EPA that mobilizes lipid stores and promotes peripheral utilization.
Almonds, rich in healthy fats, are an excellent snack when you are on a weight loss regimen. It contains heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids that help you lose pounds.
Other helpful tips
- Do Not eat/ work while you eat: It might seem a bit awkward but trying to do other stuff or having a talk with someone increases the chance of you feeling full without gulping down a lot of meals. The more you talk the less you would want to eat.
- Natural Options for Sugar Replacement: Honey for weight loss? Confused? Even though it is sugar, its glycemic index is pretty low. Burns fat and nitric oxide metabolic present in honey help in releasing fat from the body’s fat cells.
- Keep your estimations journalized: Try to weigh yourself regularly or every week and keep your estimations recorded to observe the difference. Maybe taking a photo of you each day to see the progress isn’t a bad idea either. This will help you to understand your progress and then plan your diet accordingly.
1. Champagne, C. M., Broyles, S. T., Moran, L. D., Cash, K. C., Levy, E. J., Lin, P. H., … & Myers, V. H. (2011). Dietary intakes associated with successful weight loss and maintenance during the Weight Loss Maintenance trial. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 111(12), 1826-1835.
2. Gögebakan, Ö., Kohl, A., Osterhoff, M. A., van Baak, M. A., Jebb, S. A., Papadaki, A., … & Pfeiffer, A. F. (2011). Effects of Weight Loss and Long-Term Weight Maintenance With Diets Varying in Protein and Glycemic Index on Cardiovascular Risk Factors The Diet, Obesity, and Genes (DiOGenes) Study: A Randomized, Controlled Trial. Circulation, 124(25), 2829-2838.