Superfoods That Help You Lose Weight
Isn’t it a blessing to know some foods that can cause weight loss instead of weight gain? It is definitely something to cherish by people who are troubled with their weight-related issues. Superfoods are classified as a superior class of dietary nutrients that serve as the powerhouse of macro as well as micronutrients (such as ample quantities of minerals, vitamins, polyphenols, and antioxidants) that can kick start your metabolism while serving numerous other health benefits.
Higher consumption of superfoods has been statistically proven to enhance:
– Bone remodeling processes lead to stronger bones
– Improvement in the vision and eyesight
– Moderate reduction in the risk of developing chronic diseases
– Higher chances of living a functional and healthy life
One interesting benefit of maintaining an optimal intake of superfoods is that based on the data, people who eat more superfoods are clinically healthier as well as THINNER than those who eat less of it.
Some great superfoods that you must give a try:
Here is a list of some great superfoods that you must consume to enhance natural and effort-free weight loss:
– Black beans:
Intake of proteins is a must, but what usually comes along with it is fats. 15 grams of black beans are rich in protein just like red meat but the difference is that no saturated fats are found in black beans, keeping you healthy.
Another requirement for healthy food is fiber which is present in oats. Dietary fiber makes you feel full for longer. A half cup of oats contains 4.6 grams of resistant starch. It is a carb that burns fat and boosts up your metabolism.
Eating the right fats isn’t harmful to your health. Monounsaturated fat, like oleic acid present in avocados, is utilized as a slow-burning energy source. Avocados help you reduce hunger by improving nutrient absorption.
Salmon, a source of lean protein that fits well in your diet plan. It is also rich in monounsaturated fat (MUFA) and contains fewer calories. Replacement of red meat with salmon is a good idea which will eventually help you lose fat.
These tiny berries contain fiber, minerals, and antioxidants. Help lower cholesterol and also make you feel full with 4 grams of fiber.
With the benefit of cancer prevention, weight issues can also be solved with this vegetable-containing fiber. Broccoli contains only 30 calories per serving and fits your diet plan.
– Brown Rice:
Having brown rice in your diet rather than white rice is heartier and healthier. A half cup of brown rice contains 1.7 grams of resistant starch that helps in burning fats. It is low in calories while being heavy and stomach-filling.
A good amount of satiating protein and fiber is found in lentils.3.4 grams of resistant starch is contained in half cup of lentils, resulting in the burning of fat and boosting of metabolism.
– Kidney beans:
Kidney beans also called red beans are a good source of protein and fiber. It is also rich in resistant starch, a carb helping in the burning of fats. Half cup of red beans contains about 2 grams of resistant starch. Less fat, slimmer you!
- Bouchenak, M., & Lamri-Senhadji, M. (2013). Nutritional quality of legumes, and their role in cardiometabolic risk prevention: a review. Journal of medicinal food, 16(3), 185-198.
- Sharma, R., Moffatt, R. J., Singh, R. B., & Katz, J. (2012). Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease in Humans: Intervention Trials, Healthy Heart Concept, Future Developments. Bioactive Food as Dietary Interventions for Cardiovascular Disease: Bioactive Foods in Chronic Disease States, 1.
- Bolden, J. (Ed.). (2014). 21 Super Foods: Simple, Power-Packed Foods that Help You Build Your Immune System, Lose Weight, Fight Aging, and Look Great. Charisma Media.
- Monge-Rojas, R., Mattei, J., Fuster, T., Willett, W., & Campos, H. (2014). Influence of sensory and cultural perceptions of white rice, brown rice and beans by Costa Rican adults in their dietary choices. Appetite, 81, 200-208.