1500 Calorie Weight Loss Plan
1500 Calorie Weight Loss Plan – Believe it or not, weight loss is not an art. It is the science of maintaining a balance between your calorie consumption and calorie expenditure. The latest research indicates that natural weight loss can be achieved if you consume only 500 calories less each day (or alternatively, figure out a way to spend 500 calories extra every day via exercise or other interventions).
An adult male/ female requires 1800 to 2500 calories each day, depending upon basal energy expenditure; however, keeping such a wide range has many disadvantages (especially if you have a sedentary lifestyle). Experts suggest that individuals who are looking to lose a steady amount of weight with minimal physical activity can safely consume a restricted calorie diet for a period of 4-8 weeks.
Here is a sample weight loss plan for 1500 calories per day. Fasten your belts and let’s start your fascinating weight loss journey.
Fruits and Peanut Butter with Bagel thin
The ingredients required to make fruits and peanut butter with bagel thin are,
|Natural peanut butter||2 tablespoons|
|Banana (sliced)||1 medium size|
|Whole wheat Bagel thin (100%)||1|
Calorie content: it contains 430 calories.
- Strawberries are rich in a phytochemical agent which is known to increase the production of leptin (a hunger-suppressing hormone).
- It also helps in increasing the production of adiponectin, which increases the fat-burning process and is used in diabetes for accelerating body metabolism.
- Besides supplying flavor and high-quality fat-metabolizing ingredients, this breakfast is highly nutritious with the right amount of carbs and proteins (in the form of peanut butter) to keep your satiety satisfied and energy levels high.
Alternatives: You can also use your choice of seasonal unsweetened fruits like apples (rich in pectin) and other berries (acai berry, blackberry, blueberries, etc.)
The ingredients required for preparing healthy morning snacks are,
|Plain nonfat yoghurt||½ cup|
Calorie content: This snack contains 148 calories
- Cinnamon is sprinkled over the cup of plain yoghurt to further enhance weight loss and metabolism.
- Cinnamon contains polyphenols which helps in regulating blood sugar metabolism.
- Apples keep you full with high-quality fibers
Alternatives: You can replace apples with other berries (or other seasonal fruits/ vegetables like celery or cucumber).
Chicken Avocado Melt:
The ingredients required to make chicken avocado melt are,
|Whole grain bread||1 slice|
|Chicken breast (grilled)||3 ounce|
|Reduced-fat cheddar cheese (shredded)||1 ounce|
The ingredients required to make side salad are
|Chopped tomatoes and shredded carrots||1 cup|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
Calorie content: This lunch menu supply only 431 calories
- The ingredients helps in regulating body metabolism
- Eating the meal and side salad with fork makes a stomach full much faster, which helps in losing the weight.
The ingredients required to prepare your evening snack are,
|Cucumber (sliced)||¾ cup|
|Carrot (sliced)||1 ½ cup|
Calorie content: it contains 182 calories
- The fiber content present in carrots will keep the stomach satisfied for a longer period of time so that the person will eat less at dinner.
Alternatives: You can always look for other high-fiber vegetables to replace carrots and cucumber. For ideal results, prepare your salsa at home (instead of opting for commercially packaged salsas).
Pasta Salad with Broccoli and Shrimp
The ingredients required to make pasta salad with broccoli and shrimp are,
|Shrimp (cooked)||4 ounce|
|Whole wheat elbow macaroni (cooked)||½ cup|
|Broccoli (steamed)||½ cup|
|Tomatoes (sun dried)||4|
|Lemon juice||1 tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Wine vinegar (red preferred)||2 tablespoons|
|Onion powder||¼ teaspoon|
Calorie content: it contains 312 calories
- Shrimps contains considerably high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids which according to the latest research helps in maintaining satiety for a longer period of time.
You May Also Like to know: 7 Things You can Do Before Noon to Lose Weight
Some helpful Tips:
You can always play a little with calories and other ingredients. For example, you can always replace your dinner dessert with handful of dried fig and ½ ounce of melted chocolate (that is equivalent to 106 calories). The extra calories can be maintained by subtracting the ½ tablespoon of peanut butter from the breakfast meal.
Note: If you follow this meal accurately, you will consume only 1503 calories per day, which may help in losing up to 2 pounds per week without any activity.
Besides calorie modification, it is also recommended to maintain a healthy sleep pattern to limit the release of stress hormones.
- Varady, K. A. (2011). Intermittent versus daily calorie restriction: which diet regimen is more effective for weight loss?. Obesity Reviews, 12(7), e593-e601.
- Markwald, R. R., Melanson, E. L., Smith, M. R., Higgins, J., Perreault, L., Eckel, R. H., & Wright, K. P. (2013). Impact of insufficient sleep on total daily energy expenditure, food intake, and weight gain. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 110(14), 5695-5700.